Coir pith brick is a compressed coir pith which can be converted into fluffy coco pith by adding water. Made of coconut husk, it is washed with natural water, followed by sun drying and compressing into brick form. Binding coconut fibre in the husk, this spongy material has many new applications. It works best as a soil conditioner. Farmers mainly use it as a soil-less medium for agri-horticultural purposes. Orchids and anthuriums can be easily grown using this, because of its moisture retention qualities. Farmers can buy coir pith brick, use it as it is or convert it into organic manure. There are many advantages of using this 100% natural by-product of coconut, and that are as follows:
- It is light and easier to use.
- It provides long term benefits.
- It promotes healthy development of plant roots.
- It can hold eight to nine time water.
- pH value of this by-product can be between 5.2 and 6.8.
- It can easily resist the growth of bacteria and fungi.
- Using coir pith is easy.
- It slowly releases nutrients to plants.
4/324, A A L Avenue, Gandhinagar (Po) Udumalpet, Udumalaipettai, Tamil Nadu, 642154, India